How do you find a San Diego personal trainer that is motivating, knowledgeable and delivers results? With so many trainers out there it almost seems overwhelming when trying to find a personal trainer. There are a lot of factors you need to keep in mind when researching, meeting with, and finally deciding on which San Diego personal trainer is right for you. Here is a simple guide to helping you find a personal trainer that is going to get you to your fitness goals.
1. Location. Will they come to your home or work? Will you train outdoors, a private studio, their home, or a gym? If it is a gym do you need a membership or do you need to pay for a day pass? In addition, are they located near your office or home? If you have to drive more than 20 minutes out of the way, you are going to find it difficult to get there for every session.
2. Credibility. Do they have a degree? Do they have certifications, and which kind? ACE, ACSM, NASM, ISSA, NSCA are all very reputable certifications. Degrees and certifications are often required of trainers to work for companies, but private trainers do not need them to run their own business, so be careful.
3. Price. You need to commit to at least two sessions a week consistently to see results. Make sure that you can afford what they are charging twice a week for however long you and the personal trainer thinks it may take to reach your goals. But remember, to be weary of San Diego personal training sessions that cost less than 40 per session, most often times you get what you pay for. Trainers that aren’t very knowledgeable or can’t deliver optimum results charge less than the competition to entice new clients.
4. Ask for referrals. Ask around the office, friends, neighbors, health club members, who they train with and if they recommend that personal trainer. Get feedback on what that trainer has done for them.
5. Training Style. What equipment does that training like to utilize? What is their philosophy regarding health and is it inline with yours or what you would like to be? Do your personalities mesh well? Are they bubbly and fun, or quiet and reserved? Make sure this person is someone that you can connect with and build a relationship with since you will be working with them twice or even more a week.