Living in San Diego we are fortunate to have great weather year round. It provides us with the opportunity to participate in many physical activities in beautiful surroundings. Outdoor exercise not only gives our bodies much needed vitamin D it has also been proven to reduce stress and depression in individuals who participate in outdoor recreation regularly.
So with that in mind I have compiled a list of fun San Diego weight loss activities that anyone can participate in.
1. Buy a beach cruiser to run errands and cruise up and down the coast and around the neighborhood.
2. Go on a hike. There are hundreds of open space parks to go take a leisurely stroll, or really get your heart pumping by climbing a mountain with quick elevation gain and a great panoramic view of San Diego at the top.
3. Get a group of friends or colleagues together and sign up for group fitness training.
4. Take dance classes through a local community college, VAVI, a dance studio, even the San Diego Civic Dance Assoc.
5. Join a San Diego weight loss support group or create your own through Meetup.
6. Train for a local competitive event, you can find hundreds of San Diego events by going to active.com
7. A San Diego personal trainer is easy to find with hundreds of fitness professionals and fitness facilities around. Find a San Diego personal trainer that is close to you to help you stay active.
8. Join a local sports league through either park and recreation, VAVI Sport and Social Club, Meetup, or even find one on craigslist.
9. Take up a new hobby such as rock climbing, scuba diving, kayaking, or surfing. Most often times you can pick up cheap lessons or excursions through discount offers through companies like Spreesy, Groupon, and Living Social.
10. Go for a run on the beach, or strap on your roller blades and skate through the local park